Asian Avenue magazine’s 7th Anniversary
You are invited!
Asian Avenue magazine’s 7th Anniversary BBQ Celebration!
We hope you will come celebrate with us at a fun, casual BBQ!
Tuesday, July 16, 2013
5:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Cook Park | 7100 Cherry Creek S Dr. | Denver, CO 80224
(Between Monaco Pkwy & Quebec St)
Cost: $10 to eat!
Join us for hamburgers, hot dogs, volleyball, fun outdoor activities, and cake!
On behalf of Asian Avenue magazine, we would like to thank our readers and supporters for another exciting year! In the month of July, we celebrate our seventh anniversary and reminsce on the great people we have met and stories we have covered. Our very first issue in July 2006 featured the Colorado Dragon Boat Festival—the festival is now celebrating its 13th year! Our writers have researched and uncovered a variety of topics. Here is a look at the cover stories we featured this past year.
Our 2012 Cover Stories:
- January: New Year Celebrations
- February: Asian Wedding Traditions
- March: Asian Religions, Temples and Churches
- April: Asian Health – Common Health Problems and Tips to Stay Healthy
- May: 2012 Asian American Heroes od Colorado
- June: Best Asian Places to Travel
- July: 2012 Miss Asian American Colorado, Stephanie Vi Nghiem
- August: Professional Leadership and Management Tips – Why Asians Do Not Achieve High Management Positions
- September: Bizarre Asian Foods
- October: Denver-Narita United Airlines Flights
- November: Asian-American Singles Issue
- December: Best of 2012
Our 2013 Cover Stories:
- January: Parenting – Preserving Culture Through the Generations
- February: Lunar New Year – Celebrations and Traditions
- March: The Hmong-American Experience
- April: The Art of Japanese Tea
- May: 2013 Asian American Heroes of Colorado
- June: Burmese and Bhutanese Refugees Resettle in Colorado
- July: Asian-American Literature
Next month, we will feature this year’s Miss Asian American Colorado winner. In September, our cover story will highlight the Nan Desu Kan anime convention which is the largest in our Rocky Mountain region. In October, we will delve into video games and trends in the gaming industry.
Our November and December issues have become annual favorites. We will again feature young Asian-American singles in Denver. And then poll the community for our Best of 2013 issue at the end of the year. Thank you for continuing to pick us up and let us inform you about Asian-American news, culture, lifestyle, and everyone’s favorite—food.
Asian Avenue magazine is a community magazine dedicated to serving and giving back to our Asian-American population. Cheers to seven more years!